? ??????????????Hello Kitty? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (319 Ratings)??583 Grabs Today. 32394 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Love Fasion? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (79 Ratings)??573 Grabs Today. 20822 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Cod BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday Evening

Jennifer has had a pretty good day. Nothing like last night with the pain. She made a comment today about how swollen she is. She said she looked like a "pink peep". Quite the character.
She is actually as I sit typing, having a massage for her neck and back. The massage therapist is actually rubbing her feet, (which if anyone knows Jennifer at all) that's funny. She hates anyone touching her feet, but was willing to try it to stop the archness in her back and neck. She has eaten jello, drank broth, iced tea and lemon ice and cranberry juice. She said that they all tasted good, better than ice chips. I don't know, but she probably won't be quite as picky with her food anymore, since she hasn't eaten in almost a week. I think anything will taste good. she wanted fries and a coke from McDonalds yesterday, but thought maybe that wouldn't be a wise move. Good call, don't you think? We were sitting here right around 6 or so, and Jennifer noticed that her gown was becoming wet Jennifer thought that it was her chest tube that had come loose, I thought it may have been her catheter leaking. I called the nurse, but there were 3 emergencies on the floor, so we really weren't top priority. The nurse finally came in, looking a little frazzled They had to send a couple patients back to icu. she checked Jennifer, who was right about it being her chest tube. It had come apart at the connection that laid on her stomach and was leaking. So the nurse came in, put it back together, taped it and went back to the other crisis'. Overall, if that's all we have to deal with today, it was a pretty good day. Im thinking in the next day or so, you'll have Jennifer writing on her blog again. It will be nice to hear firsthand from her again. We have been so blessed with family and friends that have prayed and been concerned for Jennifer. I can never tell you what it has meant to us! Thank you from the bottom of all our hearts!
Ray, Becky, Jennifer, Kelly and Cameron

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooooo glad to hear you had a good day, Jennifer! I was really dreading the "when the pain hits" point on your behalf; figured it would be rough for several hours, or days, and I know it's not over yet. But you've made it through the first (roughest?) part - yeahh! I'm so proud of you for being willing to go through this! Keep fighting! Love, Cathie & Bill

heather said...

Hi Jen! We are happy to hear and read about your progress. You look great! You are so strong and brave and we know you will come out of this even fiestier(if possible...lol) than before. We can't wait to see the picture of you sitting in the recliner:)Keep fighting! We are praying for you and thinking of you all! Hugs and kisses to all!!!
Love, Steve and Heather

Keith Daley said...

Hi Guys,
I'm glad you had a good day. Where do you get in the massage line at. Its was great to hear about the appetite back. It's nice that you were the easy to take care of kind of patient. We will definately have you all in our prayers. I personally am looking forward to seeing some deep breathing, and laughing watching the boys play.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys. Glad to hear things are going well. Hate to think of you in pain but know it is part of the healing process. Really look forward to the updates on the blog. let us know when you are feeling up to talking or want visitors. Love, Pam and Jer

SeƱora Turner said...

Jennifer,

We have never met, but I have been following your journey for the past week or so. I am so touched by your courage and pray daily for your healthy recovery. My family and I just went through a huge roller coaster ride with the hospital stay of our extremely premature baby. I don't know exactly what you are going through, as each situation is unique, but I have a feeling that it is pretty draining. May the love and prayers of your family and friends sustain you. Keep up the good fight!
Christina Turner

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,

Im glad to see you are having a better day, I have been following your recovery on your blog. You are so strong, I know you will get this pain soon. You have already made some amazing strides. I have shared your blog with many people hear at Children's and everyone is amazed at how fast you are moving along with your recovery. I knew you would do great and you are blessed with such a great support group, your family and Cameron are amazing. Just wanted to let you know you are always in my throughts and prayers, I look forward to seeing the next picture of you, the last one you looked wonderful. Keep up the hard work and Ill see you soon.
Love, Ginger

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,

Im glad to see you are having a better day, I have been following your recovery on your blog. You are so strong, I know you will get through this pain soon. You have already made some amazing strides. I have shared your blog with many people here at Children's and everyone is amazed at how fast you are moving along with your recovery. I knew you would do great and you are blessed with such a great support group, your family and Cameron are amazing. Just wanted to let you know you are always in my throughts and prayers, I look forward to seeing the next picture of you, the last one you looked wonderful. Keep up the hard work and Ill see you soon.
Love, Ginger

Anonymous said...

Sorry, My comment was posted twice, I tried to edit it, to fix my mistakes, Oh well, have a good laugh on me! LOL

Ginger