? ??????????????Hello Kitty? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (319 Ratings)??583 Grabs Today. 32394 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Love Fasion? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (79 Ratings)??573 Grabs Today. 20822 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Cod BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursday Afternoon

We finally have met the surgeon that did Jennifer's lung transplant, Dr. Merthy and Dr. Yan, whom we have seen every day since the surgery. Dr. Merthy was standing here talking and we asked about possibly getting pictures of her lungs. He said maybe pathology would have some. He made a comment that her lungs looked like Friday the 13th, the movie. He said they were filled with infection and had to be very careful taking them out of her, so there wasn't anything spilled into her body. Then he said that there was a blood clot on top of the heart in one of the arteries that was getting ready to go into her old lungs. He said that when they took the suction out, it was there, with scar tissue over it, showing it was old and probably from her old port. It was at least the size of a quarter or larger. He said that would have caused a major problem. Yeah, I'm sure it would have and glad it didn't. Just such a scary thought. Apparently, the transplant was none too soon.
They have removed the 2 peripheral iv's from her hands and have accessed her port, they are planning on removing the catheter at midnight tonight and hopefully she can pee on her own when she gets up in the morning. They have changed the blake tube containers to little balls, similar to the home pumps she used to do her iv's in. She is overall feeling much better. The fluid is draining well from the right side of the blake tube, the fluid in her body seems like it is going down, other than the left hand and arm. They are going to do an ultrasound to see if there is any other clot that would be in the arm or on that side of her body. The Dr. had said they will do a bronch and angiogram before she leaves and is thinking sometime early next week. They are putting her on more solid food, but so far that hasn't been changed by the Dr. because she keeps getting liquids. I think that is from the resident. She didn't know how to order emla cream to access her port, so it took her 4 hours, until Ray and I went out there and stood at the desk, spelling the cream for her and finally it came up. I guess I will have to spell S O L I D also. hehehe She is eating a cinnamon and raisin bagel and drinking a sprite and that has been good.
That's all the news I have for now. I hope there isn't anything else relating to a blood clot the next time. she is supposed to walk but no one has come in to try to help her. I guess I'll find someone for that also. Ray and Cameron left today for home. They should be home by 6. I think he needs some normalcy and I know Kelly does.

1 comments:

Brew33 said...

Hi Jennifer, Becky, Ray, Kelly and Cameron (who might all be home right now). Just wanted to let you all know that I was so excited to hear about this and I have been praying for you and thinking about you a lot-I have a little "nurse" still left in me I guess. Couldn't wait for the next update ( I kept hitting 'refresh' on the blog all day at work, I think I was productive, maybe...) The latest picture is beautiful, noone would ever guess everything you have been through. I will continue to think about you and pray for a quick recovery. You are a strong and very brave family. Thinking of you. Shelly Brewer