? ??????????????Hello Kitty? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (319 Ratings)??583 Grabs Today. 32394 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Love Fasion? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (79 Ratings)??573 Grabs Today. 20822 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Cod BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

IVs yet again

Just a quick little blip about what's going on at home right now.

Most of our nerves have settled since "the call," but we still jump a bit when the phone rings.

I've gone back on IV antibiotics. My cough was incredibly croupy and I overall just wasn't feeling well. I also have been using my O2 more, but that was something Dr. Budev had told me to do anyway. Being on IVs will not change my chances of receiving my transplant. If the lungs are available, I still get them. What it does change is my post-op care. They want to make sure that I'm on the drugs afterward to make sure I'm clear of infection. While I'll have new lungs, I still keep some of my old airways. Sinuses, throat, and a small portion of the bronchi. They all still have CF and the mucous that comes with it... don't want those things ruining those beautiful lungs I'm about to receive :D

I'm as ready as I'm going to be for all of this... so if it's going to happen, it needs to happen soon!


Oh, and update on Garren - He's doing great, is now able to eat and is down to 2 chest tubes. He has a slight upper respiratory infection so they're waiting on that to clear. He should be able to go home on Friday or Monday though. I can't wait for this little man to start living life!

0 comments: