? ??????????????Hello Kitty? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (319 Ratings)??583 Grabs Today. 32394 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Love Fasion? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (79 Ratings)??573 Grabs Today. 20822 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Cod BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, February 7, 2009

And That's What We Call A "Dry Run"

Ok, so not really a TRUE dry-run, but close.

It's 3am Saturday, February 7th. Just a couple of hours ago I got the call that I've wished for/dreaded. Mike from Cleveland called... sheesh! I picked up the phone, saw the caller ID and immediately sat down. I was all ready to yell at whoever was calling. In hindsight, I'm glad I didn't pick up the phone yelling :) I'm guessing so was he, haha!

He said he had lungs and was 97% sure that they were going to be mine. He'd run a bunch of tests and it was a great match. There were a few tests left and he'd do those while I got my things together. Time wasn't an issue for this pair and he told us he was going to have us drive up. It made things a little more easy going. I said a little... it was still chaotic! I went to wake Mom up and then decided I desperately needed a shower. Poor Kelly stood in her room and stared at her bed saying "I just don't know what to do!" - She's had a tough few days, but she did get her driver's license today (AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! So SCARY!!!) And then I called Cameron to tell him to come back over so we could all drive together.

I got in the shower and washed my hair and shaved my legs - 2 things that should have been done a while ago - and a million things passed through my head. It's amazing what you think of in times like this. "I still need to return that DVD from Christmas" "I haven't finished my cross-stitch yet!" "It's too early, I still need more time to prepare" "I wonder if Dr. Budev got all of my paperwork from the fax" "But I have a dentist appointment Monday" "Guess I won't have to call Dr. Trapnell about IVs on Monday".... and the list goes on. I sat in the bathtub and said a quick prayer and placed everything in God's hands. As I tried to figure out what clothes I was going to wear, Cleveland called back. The lungs weren't good enough. Apparently Cleveland is INCREDIBLY picky about accepting lungs, and I couldn't be happier for it. They called me back before I had too much time invested in the anxiety. We had made a few phone calls. A couple aunts and my neighbor. So Mom sat and called them all back, letting them know it just isn't time yet.

Caroline came over and sat with us for a while. It was a while before any of our heart rates had returned to some "non-stroke" range of normal. Finally my eyes are getting heavy again, my body tired, and it is time for me to lay here and attempt to get sleep.

0 comments: