? ??????????????Hello Kitty? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (319 Ratings)??583 Grabs Today. 32394 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Love Fasion? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (79 Ratings)??573 Grabs Today. 20822 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Cod BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Full Weekend

So the results from the arm ultrasound are back... I have an old blood clot in my elbow, but since it's old and I've had major surgery, they aren't going to treat it. The only treatment they would give would have been blood thinners.... and that's just not going to work. They said not to worry because old clots are tough things which more or less just cling to the wall of the vein and don't do anything. That's the good part of ultrasound. The bad part... I had to go for an ultrasound of my legs looking for new and active clots. They took me down early Saturday morning. When I got to the table I started to cough a little.

I'm still learning the way these new lungs work. And there was a little mucous in the lungs... so I figure, no big deal, right? Nope... huge deal. These lungs don't like the share. I was able to move he secretion, but couldn't get it out. In fact, I did worse... I moved it higher in the airway so I couldn't breathe in. I was terrified. They almost had to call a code blue (pulmonary distress/emergency) but a doc was walking by. What a blessing because it was Saturday morning :) No one works at a hospital on the weekend! I was finally able to move things on my own and have been better moving the gunk, but man.... I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but I never thought I'd be that scared from coughing after surgery!! Great news though... no clots in my legs!

Lois and Don came and I got to spend some time with them, which was nice! They brought be a couple boxes of chocolate which I have yet to open because I don't want to have to share with my Mom... I don't know if many of you know this, but she has a major sweet tooth!!

Teresa, Ron and Trent also came and that was so much fun. I went for walks while they were both here and my second walk was that much better!!! I made it up to the 9th floor and was able to look around the Cleveland from the windows. It was wonderful! I also got some of the best news ever today....

I should be discharged from the hospital within the week. Thursday most likely.... could possibly be Wednesday. Then, I have a week or 2 here for all sorts of lab work and education followed by HOME! In about 3 weeks I should be back in Cincinnati! WOO HOO!! Let the partying begin :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen,

You are doing great! I cant believe you will be coming home soon. Keep up the great work!

Ginger

BloggyMom said...

Been praying for you.... Hope and praying that all continues to go well and you get home very soon. There is no place like home!!

Carrie (mamaerth from CF.com)

Anonymous said...

Jrn when you get home and as you say lets party I will have a drink with you. Medicine be damned I will be ready for a belt.
Glad to hear the ultrasound showed no new clots. Prayers are still coming so hang in there and we look forward to seeing you soon.
We love you
George & Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Jen,
We have yet to meet but I know your sweet mom. I was so happy to hear you were doing so well. You are a very brave and strong young lady. I will keep the prayers going and look forward to hearing you are back home.

Wray Jean

Anonymous said...

Jen, that's incredible! You are doing great! Hopefully the next 3 weeks fly by for you and you'll be home sweet home before you know it!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you had to go through that scare. But, you are getting stronger and better, and that is terrific.

I told your mom that we would buy her her own box of chocolates (hehe).

See you soon. Especially at that big party. Love, Elaine and Mike

Kathy Dickerson said...

Hey Jennifer,

What a scare for you this weekend!! There must be a lot of angels there with you!! I can't think of any better news that you being discharged from the hospital. What a happy day to come home with "Andrew"!!!! WE Love YOU!!!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing so well :-)
When I was 3 days out of my transplant, my arm got huge. Turned out I had two bloodclots in my neck area. I was put on bloodthinners right away. They didn't want to get the problem to move to the veins in my head. And my arm was really hurting. I think I was on bloodthinners for a total of 6 months.

The coughing up mucous part will get easier, get better and better.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of your recovery. And that you will be able to go home soon