? ??????????????Hello Kitty? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (319 Ratings)??583 Grabs Today. 32394 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Love Fasion? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (79 Ratings)??573 Grabs Today. 20822 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Cod BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday Evening-Surprise!!!!




Hi everyone!
Amazing day! I got to the hospital this morning and the nurse had already told Jennifer that she was being discharged today. The Dr. on the floor came in and said that they were discussing Jennifer in the meeting and said she could go home, but didn't say home, as in hotel, or home, home as in West Chester.
We made a few jokes about it but continued to sit in the room. It was 1:30 and I had not eaten lunch, so decided to go down to the cafeteria to see what special foods they had for today. As I left the wing that Jennifer was in, I ran into KeLynn, the nurse coordinator for the post-transplant and she said we were going home to West Chester. I love that lady! lol She is actually a lovely person and I really do like her, but was thrilled that we were going home. I went downstairs to call Danny, my brother, to let him know that he shouldn't rent a car to come to Cleveland, since we were on our way home! He was in Columbus delivering a load, so told him I would swing by to let him see Jennifer and of course, I wanted to see him too. We spent about 45 minutes to an hour with him, he checked my oil in the car and noticed I was 2 1/2 quarts low. Of course, I got the look over his glasses, like "I thought I taught you better than this" look and said we needed to get oil.

We went to buy oil, we visited for a while and then he had to move down the road to get another load for S. Carolina. We followed him to I-71 and got on the expressway and headed to West Chester. We arrived a little before 9, turning the corner down our street and the whole neighborhood was standing in our driveway all the way into the street. How awesome. I stopped the car at the corner, just shocked, Jennifer and I sat in the car, crying! What an amazing group of friends we have!!!!
There were posters, smiles, hugs and congratulations from everyone.
Jennifer came into the house, afraid to be outside too long. I of course, stood outside talking to everyone and just enjoying everyone being outside and the amazing group of friends and support we have.
So, we've made it back home and so happy to be here. Jack has snubbed Jennifer, but sure he will get over it. Sam has acted like a puppy, turning and running, but can't see. Kelly was crying and excited that we were home, all together again and Ray was just doing his thing, content that we are all home.
We have an appointment on March 24, so she will go back, where they will do the angiogram and not sure if another bronch is part of this or not, but another visit to Dr. Budev. I'm sure that Jennifer and I will sleep well in our own beds tonight. We are beyond thrilled to be home, especially in this wonderful neighborhood with all the wonderful friends that we have. It was truly a moment that we will never forget! And we're HOME!!!!!!
Love to all!
Becky and Jennifer

7 comments:

Tara said...

Jen, I'm so happy for you! When I read this entry and got to the part about the neighbors lining the driveway I teared up! What a special group of friends you have. I'm so glad you got the welcome home you deserve. Congrats on getting paroled!

Tara
from cf2chat

Anonymous said...

I'm sssssssssss ooooooooooooo happy for you guys! I'm heading to Cleveland on Wednesday to see my Mom and I was going to call Teresa to see if there was anything I could do for you while I was there! Jen you truly are a walking miracle. I can't wait to let all my prayer warriors know that your bag home! Enjoy sleeping in your beds and just being a family again!God Bless Holly

heather said...

We are so excited for you all.. Great news to hear that you are home! Can't wait to see you:) love to all...the yeltons

Anonymous said...

The CF Foundation girls say WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome Home!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I just sent out another email last night about taking a road trip to Cleveland and then got on tonight to get my daily update ... and found out your were HOME!! I sat here with tears in my eyes...I am so HAPPY you are back in West Chester together again. I will be in touch after I give you all a chance to catch your breath! Get some much deserved rest!

Love,
Eileen

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME JEN!!! You are truly an amazing person and such a fighter, to get two new lungs and be back home in less than 4 weeks...I am amazed! Enjoy your time at home, we can't wait to see you!!!

Mark, Angi, Cole & Caylee

Anonymous said...

Well, its great to see you have made it back home. Welcome home, Jen. You are truely amazing!

Ginger