? ??????????????Hello Kitty? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (319 Ratings)??583 Grabs Today. 32394 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Love Fasion? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (79 Ratings)??573 Grabs Today. 20822 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Cod BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Enjoying Home

I'm back home in Cincinnati for a few weeks until I go back for another surveillance bronch. For right now the family and I are just enjoying being home.

I got the results back from the 1st bronch and showed slight rejection. My nurse said that it's completely normal and laughed saying if I didn't show any they would think I'm weird. We did a 3 day Solumedrol burst followed by a 3 week prednisone taper back to my normal dose.

All the aches and pains are getting better. The worst part of all of the side effects have been the tremors and my hair's thinning a little. Nothing too horrible and I've been told that within 6 months things should stabilize. Plus, if this is what I have to go through to breathe.... totally worth it!

Oh, and the blood clot thing. They think it's from all of the lines I've had placed over the years. My clotting times have always been fine and I've never had any swelling so no one ever thought anything of clots. After my arm swelled so bad (which is now back to normal - YAY!!) they searched and found several clots. I'm just on coumadin now until a few days before procedures and then switching to lovenox until after the procedure then back to coumadin. And it's only for 3 months they're thinking.

Now comes the fun part of regaining muscles... who knew staying in bed for a week would set me back so much in the physical department :D But that's all that going on here. I plan on taking my demon of a dog for walks this week to enjoy the hopefully nice weather. Plus some blood work, a trip to the angel lady (Karen Vaske) and my first visit at the Coumadin clinic. Busy, but easy week :) Hope all's well with everyone else!! It's just good to be home!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, yep, Dorothy was right: "There's NO PLACE like home!" I am so tickled for all of you, and I'm satisfied that if your family/support system has anything to say about it, you'll continue making steady progress with minimal setbacks! Hang in there - you're doing great!
Love, Cahtie & Bill