? ??????????????Hello Kitty? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (319 Ratings)??583 Grabs Today. 32394 Total Grabs. ??
????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????????????????????? ??????Love Fasion? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (79 Ratings)??573 Grabs Today. 20822 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Cod BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, November 7, 2008

Home from the Hospital

I was admitted into the hospital on 10/14. Nothing major, just I knew I was getting sick and figured I could get my testing for Cleveland completed. I needed to have a pH probe, an esophagram, and a right heart cathaterization

  • pH Probe: Not too bad. It was a small flexable wire that was guided up my nose and down my throat. Once it was placed it was just annoying. It kind of felt like I had a popcorn kernel stuck on the back of my throat. Those results came back within the normal range for acid reflux, so yay for me!
  • Esophagram: This was to replace the esophageal w/ Manometry that I wasn't able to complete last July. It's basically an upper GI. I drank this chalky drink which was flavored a chocolate flavor (I love going to a Children's hospital!) and that made it tolerable. It showed that I had a slow emptying time for my stomach (which we already knew) but that everything flowed in the right direction and had good movement.
  • Right Heart Cath: This one wasn't that pleasent. It wasn't hard though... I was asleep for it! They instered a cathater into my femoral artory and vein and guided it up to my heart. While in the heart, they take internal blood pressures from the right side of the heart. These numbers can indicate how severe the lung disease is. Mine is slightly elevated indicating I have lung disease (surprise!) and these numbers will give me my placement on the transplant list. The downside to this test was the massive bruise that I had on my right inner thigh and the soreness from having to lie flat for so long.

I had my yearly appointment recently. I've talked to my CF doc and transplant docs about having kids post-transplant. None of them were too happy about that idea, but said that if I wanted there was the option of serrogacy. I brought it up to my GYN and she gave me some info on it. How they harvest the eggs and such. She also said that since they don't want me to get pregnant that I may want to consider getting my tubes tied. Pills are frowned upon because the horomones can play with the medication post-tx. An IUD is a foreign object and could potentially stimulate my immune system which is not good post-tx. It could cause complications and rejection of the lungs. Then there's barrier methods but my doc said that they are really only 85% effective. So have a few options on sterilization, but eek. I never thought I'd be sitting here at 24 years old and considering this. My other option is to wait and have my husband (when that day comes) get a vastectomy.

I don't know. A lot to think about... but I go back to Cleveland on Monday, so I can talk to the doctor then and see what they think. I have a sleep study tomorrow though, so I'll be busy for the next few days!

0 comments: